Colorado Elder Law Attorneys Help Plan for Aging
Careful Planning for Elderly Adults
Older adults in Colorado face more decisions than ever when it comes to their financial and medical well-being. The Germany Law Firm provides holistic, long-term planning solutions to families that lead to healthier, happier lives.
Our local elder law attorneys help clients navigate caregiving costs, elder abuse, financial exploitation, estate planning, social security, health insurance, and other legal matters.
Long-Term Care Planning
Many people fear aging because of the cost. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2019, assisted living costs $4,957 per month in Colorado, on average. The cost of ongoing care, plus additional health expenses, adds up quickly. How do you handle the expenses?
An elder law attorney can help aging adults:
- Protect their assets from the costs of long-term care
- Plan for long-term care
- Assess nursing home options
- Coordinate private and public resources to support ongoing medical and financial needs
Elder Law in Colorado: Practice Areas
At The Germany Law Firm, we will work with our clients and their loved ones to prepare for aging. We offer a number of legal services for our clients, such as:
- Durable Powers of Attorney. Powers of Attorney designate who will make financial and medical decisions for an elderly adult if they are sick or unable to make their own decisions.
- Fiduciary Representation. Do you have a guardianship or conservatorship set up for your loved one? We represent guardians, conservators, and agents under a power of attorney who are responsible for elderly adults.
- Medical Directives and Living Wills. These documents provide a clear understanding of a person’s end-of-life wishes. They are used if an elderly person becomes ill or is not able to make decisions on their own.
- Public Benefit Counseling. We help the elderly assess public health care options such as Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.
Elder Abuse and Elder Financial Exploitation
Unfortunately, the elderly are susceptible to abuse and exploitation from family members, caregivers, and fiduciaries. We will work with families to identify potential risks and to ensure elderly loved ones are not caught up in medical neglect or financial exploitation.
Contact Our Denver Elder Law Attorneys
Our elder law attorneys are here to help families navigate end-of-life decisions. Call us at 303-454-3711 to discuss elder law and advocacy.